donkey o.d. too

My main site, donkey o.d. is moving here. Pardon the dust...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Douglas Coupland: Time Capsules - Photoshop = Pop Art

American Pop artist James Rosenquist has always been one of my favorite
painters. So when I really got into Photoshop in 1998, I used his
visual techniques as my training guide on how to use this new
software. Using Pop imagery from all over the place I was able to
learn about layering and gradation and cutting and pasting and … in the
end I came to the conclusion that the 1960’s Pop artists were merely
dry runs for year 2000 imaging software. For example, Andy Warhol’s work was about cutting, pasting and cloning, while that of Robert Rauschenberg and Jasper Johns was about opacity, layering and filtering.

Included here are some early examples of how I used Pop to learn Photoshop.

Coupland1
Coupland2
Coupland3
Coupland4
Coupland5
Coupland6
Coupland7
Coupland8
Coupland10
Coupland11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home